Martin's Station Events

Visits to Martin's Station Wilderness Road State Park near Cumberland Gap, TN

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Jack and Robin at Martin's Station

Jack and Robin at Martin's Station Posted by Picasa

Volunteering for 18th Century historical events and preservation is our primary interest. We can enjoy camping, as rustic as we like, we get to associate with some of the best people on earth, and we get to use the many things we enjoy making. Robin gets to spin wool, dye fabric, knit, and sew, while I get to be militia using my leatherworks and weapons. The really exciting part of 18th Century living history is we also get to swap roles. Robin gets to play militia as the ladyfolk help drive off the invading Indians, and I get to work on my crafts, woodworking on the shavehorse, powderhorn creation, leatherworking, and dressing hides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home